Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Year in Review

I know that technically we're already 6 days into the new year. Maybe I'm feeling a bit nostalgic or maybe I'm just wayyy behind thanks to mommy brain, but 2010 was a good year. Heck, it was a fantastic year. It was full of family, friends, grace, and love. And really, it doesn't get much better than that. So many incredible things happened. I've been blessed.

I survived being utterly and completely snowed in


I found out that I was sick, and learned to look at life in a whole new way.

I immortalized my maiden name with a new tattoo


Our family adopted two unconventional pets


We took an EPIC family vacation (one that we intend to take again during 2011)


I came to terms with my anxiety and awkwardness

I joined the contemporary choir at my church (and fell in love all over again with singing)


I prayed a whole lot and grew closer and closer to Jesus

I sewed my very first quilt (and subsequently found that it's the craft that I'm the most proud about)


I found a group of other mom's in my area who never fail to support and uplift me.

2010 was filled with so many blessings that I can't even begin to name. There was much love and laughter. I can only hope that 2011 brings more of the same.

After only 6 days it's safe to say that we're off to a good start.

4 comments:

Devon said...

i love those duckies! i want some... maybe some day!

i also wish i had the patience to make a quilt. ain't happenin'! :)

thank goodness that so far this year, we haven't been blasted with snow (at least in my neck of the woods!)... i am hoping it holds off!

beka said...

Oookay, so the quilt is beautiful! And the duckies??
Very cute. :)

Amber said...

Hi lady! Thank you for your super sweet comment! :]
I love youuuur tattoo too! how neat. :]

You had a full year for sure!
And your quilt... AMAZING!!

Eliz Frank said...

Stopped by to follow your blog from the Super Mega 7 blog hop... do comment/follow me back :-)
Have an abundant 2011! :-)
Best,
Elizabeth
Positive Kismet Blog