Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I Can't Sew

I can't sew. For the longest time that was my mantra whenever someone asked me if I could sew something for them (because you know, when someone knows that you're crafty they assume you can do it all). I have a sewing machine, an old vintage sort of thing from sometime in the 70's, which all I've ever managed to make with it being a very simple pair of curtains and a throw pillow or two. And that is because I can't sew.

When I made my list of 27 Before 27, learn how to quilt was number 24. For about as long as I can remember I've always been envious of people whom have the ability to produce these beautiful quilts. But because I always went into thinking that I can't sew, being envious is about as far as I ever actually got.

As it turns out, when I actually tried to quilt I found out that I could do it. I can sew! My quilt may be a little misshapen and wonky with it's crooked quilted lines and bunched up seam binding, but I don't think I've ever been more proud of something I've made.





Get Your Craft On Tuesday


9 comments:

Nen said...

oh wow! i love that!!!! i just don't take the time for big projects like that... i don't have the patience!! but i sure bet its satisfying to have that final product!! great job!!!

jgbeanz said...

Very pretty :) Love the colors....

Melody said...

Lovely! Good for you!

amylou said...

oh that's beautiful! You should be proud!
I'm hoping to learn to sew by making myself some skirts. Can't wait to give it a try!

Mandy said...

Great job! Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday on Sugar Bee Craft Edition - I featured you today! Also, can you tell me the name of that fabric/where you got it - I Love it!! - - Mandy, www.craftedition.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

You give me hope that I could give sewing a whirl too! Your quilt is fab!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Love, love, love your quilt! The colours are fabulous! You did an amazing job! Angie xo

Sachiko said...

You did such a wonderful job on this! Isn't it fun to sew? Thank you for linking to my party!

Jen said...

So pretty! The colors are amazing :-)