Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Make It: Cupcake Liner Wreath


I've seen these cute little cupcake liner wreaths around the blogosphere for awhile now and have really wanted to try and make my own. The problem is that they looked time consuming and tedious, two things which I'm not very good with. But I thought with a little creative genius I could simplify the process just a bit and make the creating go a little faster.

I didn't take any pictures of myself actually makinging this wreath, but it's so simple that pictures aren't really necessary, to be honest.

1. Grab yourself a styrofoam wreath (you can get them cheap at the Dollar Store) and tightly wrap it completely around in ribbon matching your cupcake liners.

2. Grab a liner and bunch the bottom of it up, folding the sides together similar to a flower. Here's where the time saver comes into play. Everywhere I looked said to hot glue the liners individually to the wreath form. While I'm sure that method would work just fine, I used straight pins to attach them all. It takes a fraction of the time that you would use to glue them on and there is no mess involved, because come on, we all hate those stinking glue strings that end up everywhere. Just make sure that your pins are shorter than the thickness of the wreath form, or else you'll have a sharp piercing backside to your pretty wreath.

3. Work in sections while attaching your liners to the wreath form, doing about 20 liners per section and then filling in the bald areas in between.

4. To make the white flower use plain white cupcake liners, folded flat and places side by side in a circle, forming the shape of a flower. Use those straight pins to make a pretty center.


It's a simple little thing, but it makes me happy and looks pretty fabulous hanging up for all the world to see. Oh and once you tell people what it's actually made out of, they'll oooh and aaaah that much more.

12 comments:

Alyssa S. said...

That is CUTE and such a fun use of an everyday household item. I'll be honest, I've never seen one of these but you did a great job. It would be fun to do one using the holiday type of cupcake cups like in Halloween or Christmas colors. FUN!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, SO adorable!!

April said...

OMG OMG OMG! You secretly aimed this directly at me, didn't you!!!! I HAVE to make this!! I just can't stand how clever and completely sweet it is!!!!

And, ummm, how is my cupcakeyness have I never seen this before now????

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

I love this! So neat!
I'm a new follower and I'm so glad I found your super cute blog!

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

I can hardly believe this is made from cupcake liners!! Wow! Cute!

Lacey said...

ooohhhh you know how much I love cupcakes. So you KNOW I ADORE THIS!

Mad in Crafts said...

I love that color! Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills party!

Kimberley said...

hi there, coming from the blog hop. :) what a cute wreath! i might have to try this! thanks for the idea, have a great weekend!

Robyn@Something Pretty said...

That turned out really cute! Thanks for sharing.

Sachiko said...

Thank you for sharing, your wreath turned out so nicely!

Amy H. said...

LOVE IT! I found you through Be Different Act Normal {I linked a wreath also}. Shared on FB {True Love Found}.

SMOOCHES!
Amy
www.buggieandjellybean.blogspot.com

saffiertje said...

This is soooo cute! Made myself a balloon wreath last summer... Also greate for b'day parties for the kids....