Sunday, January 15, 2012

Moving Right Along

Things are moving right along around here.  They always do.  I remember when I was a little girl and my dad would tell me tales of how time would fly by me once I got older.  I remember thinking he was nuts.  I wish I would have listened.  Nowadays it's so easy to get lost in the day to day events as Monday bleeds into Tuesday and so on and so on.  I'm thankful for the small moments where I'm able to just stop and catch my breath.


Our new house is slowly morphing into a home, minus a few odds and ends that need to find their place in this new space.  Coupling unpacking with the ins and outs of running a house and working makes for slow going, but we're getting there.  Tomorrow morning Gage will wake up happy to find that during the night his Daddy set up his train table for him and his Mommy built him a new track to push his little Thomas trains around on.  Brayden was content to curl up on the couch with his stack of Diary of a Wimpy Kid books and a thick blanket.  It's the small things.

I was able to pull all of my craft supplies out this afternoon.  It's literally been months since I've done anything substantial with any of them.  I'm itching to create something.  Now that we're in a new space where I don't feel as though I have to walk on pins and needles maybe I'll get to make something soon.  If I can find the time that is.  That seems to be the tricky part.

Life is moving right along.  The babies have have the day off from school on Monday, so we'll relax a bit longer this weekend.  It'll be a welcome break.  And the Earth will keep on turning, and the days will keep on flying by, and we'll keep on counting our blessings and enjoying the ride.

No comments: