Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shine


I want to do well in my mothering my children more than I have ever wanted to do well in anything before in my life.

Some women let natural instinct take over and some women are go with the flow.  And I am neither one of those.  I am the type of mom who surrounds herself with love, an amazing support system, passionate ideals, faith, and as much information as I can grasp because I strongly believe that if I am constantly moving forward to better myself then that will be reflected in my children.


I'm not hitting the level I need to, not yet, but I'm keeping up, I'm moving forward each day in the hope that this time, or next time, or the time after that, I will bridge the gap between here and there. Every now and then I get small indecipherable pictures of their futures, little emotional hits of possibilities that I can't yet make sense of.  How I am raising them will pay off in the long run.

I do know one thing. Over what remains of the rest of my journey I want to squeeze out every bit of potential I have and throw it all on the metaphorical canvas of my life. I want to never feel the need, not ever, not even once, to make myself bigger or smaller than what I am. I want to learn how change is made and creativity fostered, I want to share beauty and incite courage. If I can't, as I once read, go back and make the details of my past pretty, then I will be damn sure to make my life as a whole beautiful.  And in turn make theirs as bright as can be.

5 comments:

amyschmamey said...

This was very inspirational! I loved it!

Devon said...

lovely, honest post!

what a great tree for climbing!!!

Shabby Chic Mom said...

hi, stopping by from thirsty thursday hop! you have such a cute blog! I'm your newest follower, please stop by
http://www.bragallaboutit.com/

Chana@ Mamma Town said...

Oh! I love this post!! Every word:) It's so lovely when women like you encourage the rest of us to be our best too! xoxoxo

MommyDigger.com said...

Lovely post, thank you for sharing you are an inspiring woman and mother!

I'm your newest follower from the Thirsty Thursday Hop! Would love it if you could stop by my blog www.mommydigger.com and follow me :)