Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Girls Night

Last weekend was a long, rough one.  I'm still very run down by it's events, but I'm choosing to move forward this week with the mantra to "Let Go and Let God".  As much as I'd like to control the sitations that I inevitabally find myself in, I know that I can't.  So really, why bother trying.

Yesterday evening turned out to be just what I needed after a nightmarish Sunday.  A few other ladies from my MOPs group and I went to the Taste of Home cooking show that came to town.  There were vendors galore and tons of yummy food and giveaways, not to mention the actual show where we learned how to make a bunch of really yummy things.  (Because if your house is anything like mine, then you probably know how easy it is to get into the rut of eating the same things for dinner over and over again.  A new, super scrumptious recipe is pretty much invaluable around here). 

Taken with my fancy schmancy new iPhone
Oh, and they gave us a bunch a coupons ... which is always awesome!

I'm a pretty big fan of Taste of Home magazine.  Mostly because the recipes inside of it aren't super complicated recipes from chefs that use a ton of hard to find ingredients that I've never heard of before.  They are all submitted by people like you and I; other mom's and wives who have a passion for cooking.  So when I caught wind that this fun cooking show was coming to town I was all over it like white on rice. (See what I did there ... used a little foodie reference as my joke)

It was certainly a fun little girls night away from all of lifes little problems.  Go to Taste of Home and see if there is a cooking school near you (because really, if there was one in my bumpkin town, there is probably one close to you too).

All in all, it was a very fun night!

2 comments:

beka said...

ah, sounds like a wonderful time!
LOVE new recipes...yesyesyes:)

Anonymous said...

muchly deserved I do think!!