Monday, March 1, 2010

This is One of Those Posts Where I Complain


Being sick really sucks.
My days anymore are pretty much filled with aching bones and sleepiness.

I hate it. I really do. I hate that my house is getting messier and messier by the hour because I just don't have the strength all of the time to do all of the things that I used to do in a day. The laundry pile is growing and the floor needs vacuumed but all I want to do is take a long nap. The boys want to jump and roll around with their mom and it kills me that I can't do those kind of things right now with them.

But the medicine I'm on will make it better. It's going to take awhile to build my strength back up and I know that but when it comes to taking care of my family I just don't have any patience. It's funny how you take all the things you used to for granted, right down to the ones you used to complain about and never really liked doing in the first place.

Eventually surgery will come probably and I'll get this whole thing taken care of, but I have to be strong enough first and my bones have to not be so brittle.

So here I sit.
And it sucks.
Stupid parathyroid.

1 comment:

Alyssa S. said...

I'm giving you a big hug through the computer :) I certainly don't wish a fist full of pills and surgery on you, but I sure hope at the very least that the combination of them will get you to a place where you are strong and healthy and able to look back on these days and know "I don't have to live like that anymore". I know it's hard to sit life on the sideline, but rest well, get strong and get better!