Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Blazing.


One of the pitfalls of having an introverted personality is that I've developed a keen eye to my surroundings.  And sometimes the world around me isn't such a magical place.  Sometimes it's down right ugly, filled with hurting people.  I should know, for a long time I was one of them.

One of the greatest joys of being saved by grace is that I no longer wallow in my pain and suffering.  Instead I want to counter the ugly with beauty and light until it is so bright that it shines right through me, onward and upward, radiating God's love for me out of every single fiber of my being.


I live for the small moments.

I want to pick wildflowers from my backyard and soak up the summer sunshine.  I want to wake up every single morning to two sweet little boys climbing into bed with me and rousing with good morning snuggles.  I want to sit down with a favorite book and a hot mug full of coffee.  I want to sit on the back porch with my husband and count the stars in the sky; never making a wish because what we have is already a dream come true.

I want to find whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, anything that is excellent or praiseworthy and I want to completely immerse myself in those things.

Life is tricky.  And it's hard to navigate through all of its twists and turns. And on my journey through it I want to grab ahold of every last morsel of its sweetness and try my best to remember that the Light of the World is a steady and constant thing.  It's not set on dimmer switch.  He blazes. Always.

12 comments:

Tanyia said...

I am a new follower from the Welcome Wednesday hop! I would love to have you stop by and follow as well, I am also hosting a give a way that was just posted today :) http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/

Kyetra said...

Beautiful photos! I came over from the blog hop and I am a new follower.

Nicole said...

Your blog is SO cute! Stopping by from the Follow Me Wednesday hop! Newest follower via GFC. Hope to see you at Me + the Moon sometime! I'd love it if you stopped by next friday for our Find + Follow Friday hop! :D We'd love to have you!

-Nicole @ http://meandthem00n.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and Inspiring.

Misty Marie said...

Thanks for stopping by Monkeysandtutus.blogspot.com!
Following you back!

AnchorsandHoney said...

Your buttons are sooooo cute!! I'm following you from the blog hop! Stop by soon and be sure to enter my giveaway! ;)
xo sandra
redrose-vintage.blogspot.com

Naptime Review said...

What a pretty post and flower picture.

Newest GFC follower from the hop. Love for you to return the follow when you can. Stop by and link up Like Me On Facebook Wednesday. Love to have you!!!!

www.thenaptimereview.com

Mimi said...

this is a really beautiful post! i try my hardest to appreciate the little things in life too. i've also come to realize that while there's a lot of bad things in the world, life is still beautiful. :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
Win 3 kinds of truffles from The Madelaine Chocolate Company! :)

www.gallamorewest.com said...

This is beautiful! I'm new here from the Blog Hop and happy to be following you! I'd love for you to stop by my blog and follow me back :)
xo,
Laurie @ Gallamore West

Britni Alexis said...

Hey girl!

I'm stopping by from the GFC Blog Hop on Tuesday. I was one of the co-hosts. Thank you so much for linking up!

Hope you are having an awesome day! :)

-Alexis
www.livingthewifestyle.com

MakePaducah said...

This post was beautiful!!! Found you from your tweet on this was your favorite post ever & I agree. I loved the opening of being introspective making you see things clearly and a little more intensely! Beautiful!!! Blaze on daughter of the King! Thank you for a beautiful inspiring reminder this morning!
Blessings,
Kijsa

MakePaducah said...

This post was beautiful!!! Found you from your tweet on this was your favorite post ever & I agree. I loved the opening of being introspective making you see things clearly and a little more intensely! Beautiful!!! Blaze on daughter of the King! Thank you for a beautiful inspiring reminder this morning!
Blessings,
Kijsa