Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tornado

The dust has finally settled from this mornings rush of activity in the kitchen.  Breakfast was ate and lunchboxes were packed while picky little boys made sure that I included this and definitely not that.  Our little tornado of two has been herded out the door, onto the school bus, and by now has been safely delivered to their classrooms.  Other than Pandora (Blue October Radio, if you must know) the house is quiet.
 
And I am all alone for the next six hours until Mike gets home from work, and then just over an hour after that my little tornado of two will back home from their day at school and the activity that ceased this morning with their leaving will pick right back up where it left off.
 
But for now the house is mostly silent.  And I can't stand it one bit.
 
(These pictures have absolutely nothing to do with this post, but boy is this half of my tornado cute.)
 






3 comments:

tessica said...

I hope you enjoyed at least some of your calm day!
And that the boys enjoyed theirs!

Devon said...

i can't even imagine the quiet - once you've been used to the noise. (Good noise, of course) i hope that you are coping better! maybe start some new projects to keep you busy!! :)

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to have those mornings honestly. Hpwever I'm sure it's 6 hours of pure bliss : )