Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow Day Favorites

It's a cold snowy day here in Western Pennsylvania. In fact, today is day two of this weeks snow squall. Both days school has been canceled and my normally peaceful afternoons have been spent wrangling both boys instead of just one. It's only January, but already I have Spring Fever and being cooped up in the house isn't helping much. In an effort to stay positive today I'm listing a few of my current favorites, because I'm not going to let this weather get the best of me.

1. An Awesome Book
I'm still in the throws of reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I keep going back over parts and trying to commit them to memory. This book is that amazing.
"Right now a hundred million angels are praising God's name; He certainly doesn't need to beg or plead with us. We should be the ones begging to worship in His presence." (pg 109)

2. Sweet Music
I've been in love with FFH ever since I heard Undone on Pandora. Their vocals are so powerful. And how cool is it that they are from Lancaster, PA? If you're the type to check out new music, they are the 3rd song on my playlist.

3. Good Food
I found an awesome recipe on CopyKat (don't you just love this site? I could spend all day long there.) to make knock off Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Soup. Yummm! Can't wait to try it out.

4. Quote to Remember
"To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has already achieved, but at what he aspires to do."
-Kahlil Gibran

5. Etsy Pretties

1. Yarn Wreath Felt Handmade Door Decoration
2. Locked Heart, Hand Painted Porcelain Necklace
3. Hairpin- tatted lace flower in gray cotton
4. soft olive green scarf with wheat print

4 comments:

Devon said...

i love olive garden's chicken and gnocchi soup! you'll have to let us know how that recipe turns out!

fortunately, we haven't gotten quite so blasted with snow... which is odd because we're on the "mountain"... but hey, i'm not complaining!!

Tiffany said...

Great list! Stay positive and enjoy the snow. I've never heard of that Copykat website and thank you so so so much for introducing it to me!! Ha. Looking forward to making some yummy dishes.

beka said...

beautiful! :)
i know...can't wait.....i started reading Crazy Love today--or, rather, the intro and preface. :) i'm actually reading it with a friend, and we're going to discuss it chapter by chapter. :) excitingness!!

CopyKat Recipes said...

Thanks for linking to my website! Stephanie from CopyKat.com ;) That soup is pretty tasty!