FYI, that's just not the name of this post. These really are the best Snickerdoodles that I've ever ate! They are super moist and chewy and are oh so good!
•1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
•1/2 cup granulated sugar
•1/3 cup brown sugar
•1/2 teaspoon vanilla
•1 1/2 cups flour (if you're in a higher elevation like I am, do NOT level your cups of flour off. Heaping cups make the batter consistency perfect)
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1/2 teaspoon baking soda
•1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
•4 tablespoons granulated sugar
•2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars with
an electric mixer on high speed. Add the egg and vanilla and
beat until smooth.
2. In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and
cream of tartar.
3. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
4. Preheat oven to 300 degrees while you let the dough rest for
30 to 60 minutes in the refrigerator.
5. In a small bowl, combine the sugar with the cinnamon for the
6. Take about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the dough and roll it into a
ball. Roll this dough in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and press it
onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat for the remaining cookies.
7. Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes and no more. The cookies
may seem undercooked, but will continue to develop after they are
removed from the oven. When the cookies have cooled they should be
soft and chewy in the middle.
Makes 16 to 18 cookies.