Friday, July 30, 2010

Daydreaming of Concerts Gone By

Long before I ever had children I had this love for music. I still love music, everything about it, but when the boys came into my life the passion I once held for it went out the car window while the children's sing along cd's came in.

It's been a pretty fair trade though, I certainly can't complain.

But now that the boys are a bit older (and know how to work headphones) music has slowly been creeping back into my soul, uncovering itself from the cobwebs that have grown over it.

I'm singing again, something I haven't done is years. Nine years actually. I never even knew how much I missed it. But even still, no audience will be as precious to my heart as my boys as I sung them lullabies to lull them to sleep way back when they were still babes.

But babes they are no longer. In fact they are old enough for sleepovers at Debba's (Grandma, they call her Debba) house. Sleepovers in which my husband can take me out for a night of the ultimate musical high. My birthday is in 6 weeks. Can you guess what I asked for this year?

Concert tickets! Not just any concert tickets, but the ultimate concert tickets. Stone Temple Pilots concert tickets. I'm already feeling the musical passion creeping into my heart just from typing that. I saw them once, way back in the summer of 2001, before they broke up and that whole Velvet Revolver thing. It was by far one of, if not the best, concerts I've ever been to. And I've been to a lot of concerts.

So today, because I'm all sorts of hopped up of music and in desperation for the energy that only seeing a beloved band live can bring I'm flashing back to the Spring of 2007 where a wonderful friend of mine, Ashley, won concert tickets to see The Clarks on the radio.

If you've never heard of The Clarks, then you're not a western Pennsylvania-er. They are Pittsburgh band and are pretty much as close to we get to local celebrities. Oh, and they make pretty amazing music too.

The husband and I, enjoying a night of good music.

Miss Ashley, the concert ticket winner, who kicks so much butt for sharing them with Mike and I, two losers who are totally obsessed with The Clarks.

And yes, how scandalous of me, that is a beer in my hand. Naughty naughty miss Oh Mandie! Check out the creeper behind me in this pic!!

************************************************
You know the drill by now, right? Feel like reliving some fond old memories of your own? Then click on the picture below to head on over to Christopher and Tia for a Friday Flashback all your own. And if you're not feeling nostalgic go ahead and click on over there anyways, it's a pretty fantastic blog.

Flashback Friday Button

8 comments:

TexasBobbi said...

I miss concerts with my man too.

TexasBobbi said...

I miss concerts with my man too.

Devon said...

yea! The Clarks! :) are they still around? i always remember the snowman song.. lol!

Chana@ Mamma Town said...

Oh man, this post really pulled at my musical heart strings. I too, LOVE music...but never get to really enjoy it like I uses too. You guys look so cool at the concert!

Alyssa S. said...

I haven't been to a concert since we saw Bush when we lived in Austin. We live near a very awesome outdoor venue called the Cynthia Mitchell Pavilion where all of the big acts play now, unless you're talking about a HUGE act like U2 who can easily feel Reliant Stadium. What sucks is either the tickets are insane expensive or the concerts are during the hottest part of the summer.

*Christie* said...

Hi! I'm visiting you through Flashback Friday! Thanks for sharing! I hardly ever get to go to concerts but I always love them so!

Mandy@ a sorta fairytale said...

I love love love going to concerts!! The best. So glad you had fun!

Tia Colleen said...

So not that you normally look frumpy or anything, because you don't, but- in those pictures you really look alive. Know what I mean? You look great.