Thursday, October 2, 2008

When Life Hands You Lemons...

I've been a bad bad blogger this week! Truth is, the economy is in the toilet and as a result my sales have pretty much been non-existant so I really haven't been in the mood to make anything new or even really renew that frequently on etsy.

But of course, you know me, I'm making the best out of a crappy situation! So just what have I been doing? I've taken the time to step back away from my desk and this computer and do somethings just for me. I've been sewing alot lately, mostly pillows because I find that sewing a square is pretty unintimidating to a newbie sewing such as myself. I've been spending alot more time with my kiddos, and really enjoying their little personalities. Gage ran over to the television today to give LuLu (the hippo from Nihao Kalan - whoa I spelled that wrong!) a hug, which was SO cute, and I've been spending alot of time with Brayden working on his penmanship and just plain old coloring. You never ever get too old to color! I've been just laying in bed with my husband and watching television at night and we've been going for drives to see the start of the leaves on the trees changing their colors. I've been collecting cool rocks with Brayden from our driveway in the mornings while we wait for the school bus to come. I've been reading alot more too. Its refreshing to pick up a good book and travel away from yourself for a bit and into the life of someone else.

Its been nice to step back for a little while. Things are crappy in terms of the economy and sales for the majority of us, but rather than let it get you down, find joy in the other important parts of your life that maybe you've been overlooking. ♥

4 comments:

esque said...

And I think fall is the perfect time to reconnect with family, friends and neglected hobbies. I've been sewing more too and reading for pleasure again too (despite all the finance classes I'm taking this semester).

idyll hands said...

I just take up new hobbies when the old stuff isn't selling - so it sounds like good minds think alike :)
I have a feeling that once Christmas gets on everyone's minds, the sales will pick back up.

In the mean time, I'll spend this extra time organizing my sun porch to make room for the sewing machine and the new spinning wheel. Maybe I'll even get some yard work done to prepare for cooler months.

Unknown said...

Aw, that all sounds so lovely!! Well, minus the crap economy part. That just flat out sucks... but your lemons to lemonade sounds fab!

Anonymous said...

Yep, I hear ya hun. Sales have been pretty slow for me these last few weeks as well. Finally started to pick back up again, but they have their ebs and flows...

And as much as I sat around feeling sorry for myself because I wasn't making any sales (that got old after a while) I found time to come up with new ideas, clean my craft room tidy as it was going to get, and make new things. Once I started making new things, and listing them... the sales started coming back too. ♥

Glad you are enjoying yourself hun.
;)