Monday, September 29, 2008

A Weekend Love Affair

It was a nice, quiet, romantic weekend. The kind of weekend a girl dreams of! Just me, and my sewing machine! Harold and Maude have nothing on the love between my OLD Singer and I.

I was feeling crafty, but wanted to do something for me, something I so rarely do anymore thanks to the wonderful world that is etsy selling. Don't get me wrong, I love making journals and jewelry - but I needed a different avenue to explore this weekend, one where everything didn't have to be absolutely perfect. One where it was ok to be a bit flawed - good thing too, because I am no master seamstress by any means!

But I did make a wonderful throw pillow out of 2 FQ's - that Brayden has pretty much claimed as his own. But that's ok, once I get my tail to Joanns and get my hands on some Star Wars fabric, I know I can bribe him with one of his own.


And in the spirit of fall a little leafy table topper (not so much a runner as its too short, lol) for my dining room table, and some Halloween totes for the kiddos to take trick or treating.


Yeah... I'd better stick to pillows, but it was fun!

My paper and bead stashes are very very jealous. But rest assure, as I pretty much blow at sewing, (but love it so!) there will be no new additions to my etsy shop courtesy of Mr Singer and I's love affair.

4 comments:

idyll hands said...

The pillow is wonderful! I have a sewing machine and a new collection of fabric that I want to put to use. I need to organize my guest room so I have room for the sewing machine.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you got quite a bit done this weekend! Can I hire you? LOL

Glad you had fun, and did some things for yourself... we need to do that now and then.
;)

Today, I shall make aceos.

Lesley of Banana Pants Clothes said...

Everything looks great!

Welcome to the dark side...of sewing. It will quickly become an obsession if you don't watch out. ;)

esque said...

Good-looking pillow! I could totally sew till the wee hours of the morning (and have), so Lesley is right: it's quite addictive!