Last weekend was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! It was so amazing that I had to spell it out for you like that ... you're welcome by the way.
The hubby and I set off an impromptu road trip adventure over to the Eastern side of our state of Pennsylvania to visit a few of my most favorite places on earth in and around Lancaster. Why is it a favorite? Because of the inhabitants.
Random fact about me: I have a serious passion for people of Amish and Mennonite faith. They completely fascinate me, from the way that they live on the fringes of society and the basic and simplified way that they do things. Yes folks, I love Amish people. So much so that just talking about them gets me crazy excited. I'm talking bouncing in my seat, gigantic smile, fact spewing, excited.
So needless to say, this little trip and all it entailed was pretty much a dream come true for me.
Highlights from our trip:
1. The first overnight trip Mike and I have been on by ourselves in 6 years. Thank you Grandma for watching the kiddos
2. Taking a long horse and buggy ride with our wonderful Amish driver, Aaron, and his horse, Cheeta.
3. Walking through all of the lovely Amish made furniture shops and imagining how fabulous our house would look if we could buy everything
4. Breakfast doughnuts from the Bird in Hand Bakery
5. Warm sunny days that showed off the stunning farmlands
6. Touring a working Amish dairy farm and it's 150 year old barn
Yep, I daresay we'd make a pretty good Amish couple! I'll be trading in my iPhone for a bonnet.