I spied this over on Amy's blog amylouwho and found myself answering the questions with my own favorites while I read her answers, so I knew that I had to play along. I am a book loving nerd after all, and proud of it!
1. Favorite book - Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas - James Patterson - It's a written quite simply, and it a book you could easily devour in just a couple of hours, but, as a mother, this book just pulled at my heartstrings. I've read this book so many times that I've had to go out and buy a new copy when my original one fell apart.
2. Least favorite book - A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens - I tried and tried to get into this "classic". And I hated every single page.
3. Book that makes you laugh out loud - Where the Sidewalk Ends - Shel Silverstien I'm a firm believer that no matter how old you are, that this book is and will always be amazing.
4. Book that makes you cry - The Time Travelers Wife - Audrey Niffengger - I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it, but yeah.... this book is one of my favorites.
5. Book you wish you could live in - The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett - This was my favorite book when I was a little girl. I used to dream about having a garden full of flowers and a swing just like the one in the book.
6. Favorite young adult book - The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins - Can't wait until the movie comes out!
7. Book that you can quote/recite - The Giving Tree - Shel Silverstien
8. Book that scares you - The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold - LOVE this book, even though it was hard to get through at first.
9. Book that makes you sick - Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez - sorry, can't stomach a book that talks about food and urine in the same context. I actually hated this book, one of the few I flounced on before the ending.
10. Book that changed your life - Crazy Love - Francis Chan - an amazing and inspiring book.
11. Book from your favorite author - The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
12. Book that is most like your life - "Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas" - James Patterson - You know, minus the whole being a doctor thing and, well, the whole ending.
13. Book whose main character is most like you - "Twilight" - Stephanie Meyer - Clumsy shy girl who reads a lot. Yep, that's me.
14. Book whose main character you want to marry - Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen - I actually saw the movie for this before I ever read the book, and so every time I do read it I picture Col. Brandon as Alan Rickman, whom I ADORE, so yeah ... there you have it.
15. First "chapter book" you remember reading as a child - I was a pretty huge fan of The Babysitters Club, but I only ever read the Claudia books (she was the artsy one).
16. Longest book you've read - either Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy or Don Quixote - Miguel de Cervantes (Hated Anna Karenina and loved Don Quixote, by the way)
17. Shortest book you've read - Hmm, I don't know. I just read Heaven is For Real - Todd Burpo - it was fairly short.
18. Book you're most embarrassed to say you like - ehhh, probably "Twilight" - Stephanie Meyer. - I was totally enthralled with those books about 2 years ago. I still do like them a lot, I just don't always admit it.
19. Book that turned you on - Nights in Rodanthe - Nicholas Sparks - right up until the end anyways (why do all of Nicholas Sparks' book end so darn sad?).
20. Book you've read the most number of times - Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas - James Patterson
21. Favorite picture book from childhood - Snow - Roy McKie - My Dad used to read me this book all the time when I was little. It's one of my most cherished memories. So much so that a few years ago I found the book and bought it for my own kids.
22. Book you plan to read next - Miss American Pie - Margaret Sartor
23. Book you tell people you've read, but haven't (or haven't actually finished) - Yeah, I don't do that.
24. Book that contains your favorite scene - A Walk to Remember - Nicholas Sparks - Jamie and Landon's wedding gets me every single time.
25. Favorite book you read in school - To Kill A Mockingbird - Harper Lee - I used to wish I had someone like Calpurnia.
26. Favorite nonfiction book - Crazy Love - Francis Chan
27. Favorite fiction book - Probably the entire Twilight Series, minus maybe the entire middle of New Moon.
28. Last book you read - Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen - ohmygoodness, this book is AMAZING! I'm pretty sure I was one of the last people on the planet to read it, but it's phenomenal!
29. Book you're currently reading - Beside Still Waters - Tricia Goyer - so far, so good. I have a serious infatuation with Amish culture, so this book is right up my alley.
30. Favorite coffee table book - I have A Whole Lotta Led Zeppelin coffee table book, and it's pretty rad.
31. Favorite adventure book - Into the Wild - John Krakauer