Friday, February 18, 2011

In The Air

Spring is in everything on the farm. The snow and ice that have plagued western Pennsylvania all Winter long are slowly beginning to melt into watery ribbons running down the driveway and through the grass of the yard. The trees are back to bare branches rather than being white with piled snow and the yesterdays sky was a lovely blue rather than the same shade of grey we've been seeing around here for the last few months.

I know it won't last, because we are far from escaping Winter's icy grip this year. But yesterday was a perfect day nestled in between the months of coldness and frost. It felt amazing to see the signs of life everywhere again and to feel the sun shining down onto my shoulders.











5 comments:

Alyssa S. said...

Hey, look, there's your grass! Still, I'm a little jealous of what snow you have left. Yeah, I think has pretty much sprung here. I'm even sneezing more. yay. I love the pics you take around your house!

Devon said...

looks like today is going to be another one of those days! i'm holding out hope that winter is gone for good... but i know better!

my back yard is one big river!!

Chana@ Mamma Town said...

Yeah for you!! What beautiful pictures! And yes, only a gal stuck in Minnesota when it's 40 below zero would think your patchy winter pictures are "beautiful"! haha! It gives me HOPE!

beka said...

i know we're not to spring yet....but i love seeing the huge piles of snow melting!! it all gives me hope:)

Alicia said...

Those photos are lovely! We had two great days over here as well...it's so sad that tomorrow will be cold and wintry yet again.