Friday, December 10, 2010

No Apologies


I've noticed an increasing trend on my blog over the last few months, something that I've just sort of overlooked, brushed off as a fluke, and maybe even not published a post or two because out of fear. It's something that's weighed on me for awhile, and brought a sort of weight that I'm struggling to carry.

I've lost many readers. Like, a lot of them. Some of them were people whom I considered to be good friends, after all, it's an intimate thing we do as bloggers, sharing our families and our hearts desires so publicly like this. You people know me. If you're a devoted follower then you know the ins and outs of my life and found them interesting enough to keep coming back to see what tomorrow brings for myself and my family. I know this, because it's the way I feel about most of you and your blogs (trust me, even if I don't comment every single time, I'm there in the shadows reading about the ins and outs of your life too. There's just probably a four year old hanging on me while I'm doing it, preventing me from typing.)

So when did I start seeing this trend, these peoples presence start to fade? When I started talking about Jesus.

It would be easy to just stop. I could keep writing fluffy little posts day in and day out and show you all some cute pictures of my boys and be done with it. But I know that's not what those who still read come here for. You come here because in one way or another, as a mother, a wife, a crafter, or a friend, you and I are relatable. And I hope that when it comes to my life and the things that I write about, you can appreciate the honesty in them. Because life is not always easy and it's not always pretty. In fact it rarely ever is. But the Lord is my constant encouragement and is the biggest part of my life. How could I exclude him from any aspect of it, let along this journal of my life, loves, and thoughts.

So while I was at first confused, I am now strong. I will not be afraid to have such a loving presence in my life that shines through every little thing I do, including my posting here. I make no apologies, because this blog is authentic to my everyday. And everyday I am thankful for the one who died so that I could live to experience all of the ups and downs that I share here with you each and every day. And every day I pray and turn to Jesus for his guidence and love. And it's my hope that you can relate to that or appreciate it in a way that makes you want to keep coming back for more.

And for those of you that don't, well I'm sorry to see you leave, but don't let the proverbial door hit you on the rump as you go.

God Bless.

13 comments:

Natalie @ Perry's Plate said...

I admire your integrity and perseverance, Mandie :) You shouldn't have to keep quiet about one of the most important topics in your life just because a few people aren't interested in reading about it.

God Bless :)

Tia Colleen said...

Well this exactly while I'm still a reader :)

Tiffany said...

You are absolutely correct in writing this post. You shouldn't have to feel that you can't right about such an important part of your life just to keep readers "happy". This is your blog; therefore, you get to write about what makes you happy! I'm proud of you for putting it out there. I love that verse as well, thank you for sharing.

faith ann raider said...

Moments like these make us stop and think why we blog. Good for you. Keep being who you are - keep writing from your heart :)

CourtneyKeb said...

If you can touch one person out there with a post having Jesus shining through you then it's worth a drop in a few measly followers.

Way to go!

Lindsey said...

Good for you! I get discouraged sometimes because I'll write some fluffy post & have lots of comments. And then write one about Jesus that I think is great...& get zero comments. Not that we blog for the comments at all, but such an astounding difference does not go by unnoticed.

Unknown said...

Kudos, my dear! Excellent post, and I'm glad you're not making apologies about something that is a major part of you!

tessica said...

Mandie, I have never been a quote un-quote religious person but it has never deterred me from appreciating someone else's faith- I respect your courage and commitment and look forward to learning from it as I read your blog.
thank you!

Chana@ Mamma Town said...

Lady. This is why I love you and your blog. And I'm proud of you for "going there" and saying it outloud. You are brave and beautiful and amazing!

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

It is always important to share your faith. I actually think that is why my blog hasn't gotten as many followers. I don't care. I'm going to be myself no matter what and tell people about the God that loves us. I think that is the way it should be. So glad that you don't care either! ;-)

Jen said...

<3 this post! Good for you :o)

beka said...

Um, all the ladies above said it all...
But yeah, it's the truth. It's so easy to just kinda brush it off, not post those important-intricacies-of-your-life sort of posts.

Devon said...

:) Love your honesty...

My theory on such situations... is that people read about Jesus and feel convicted about certain aspects of their lives... so they choose to just avoid.

And... a lot of people just don't "get it" (understand the whole Jesus thing).

You're doing a wonderful thing by keeping your blog real!! :)