Tuesday, September 7, 2010

An Autumn Acorn Hunt


There's been a chill in the air around these parts the past few days. The leaves are starting to, ever so slightly, turn into brilliant shades of red, brown, orange, and yellow. And as for me, my allergies are in complete overdrive thanks to the change in seasons.

Yes, Autumn is just around the corner here in western Pennsylvania, where the seasons are not defined by any actual date (and Winter lasts for a solid 6 months).

Brayden and I had a small hunt for acorns, the epitome of Autumn, this weekend in the midst of our Labor Day activities. We struck Fall gold.


I hope your long weekend was an amazing one as well.

4 comments:

Devon said...

I wish we had the property to go hunting for Acorns... although Cory is paranoid about getting a tick. haha... Sounds like a nice time!

Our house was 48 degrees yesterday AM when we woke up! YIKES! I hope the weather holds out a little longer so we don't have to pay an arm and a leg for heating just yet!

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

oh that first photo is adorable!

Alyssa S. said...

SOOOOOOOOO jealous. Still feels like summer here. Amelia would be envious of those acorns. Most of the ones we find around here are so small. I'm convinced she's part squirrel because she knows how to find and hoard them!

Tia Colleen said...

Acorns!!!

I can't wait for fall. I've already made pumpkin bread. Even though its still 90something every day.

Wonderful pictures!
I can feel fall through the computer screen.