Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Minutia

Lately I've felt a bit blocked when it comes to writing, often feeling that most of the day to day activities of my life are too mundane to share and inspire.

But if you're a regular around here and have been reading my recent posts (or rather lack there of) then you probably already knew that.

I've been having a hard time finding my balance this past week, finding myself constantly overwhelmed over things that I really shouldn't be. And in the midst of these long and seemingly unimportant days I've come to find that it's the minutia that I've been searching for all along.

It's the moments that make me smile in the midst of doing the dishes or folding the laundry. It's the sweet things my boys say to each other when they think that I'm out of earshot. It's the joy of a good song and the relaxation of a loving hug. It's everything.



Yes, the real meaning of each and every day is in the minutia.

5 comments:

Devon said...

Amen!!

Alyssa S. said...

I swear you must have crawled into my brain and pulled out the same thought. I've felt very overwhelmed lately and as far as blogging, I think "that's too boring, no one will care about that", but the truth is I need to find the moments in the middle of the mundane. There's plenty of things to see if I'd just open my eyes and LOOK!

Unknown said...

haha, I'm with Alyssa. I was just thinking "Wow, I have nothing to say." this morning when I sat down to blog!

Chana@ Mamma Town said...

And I'm crying! So true my dear...

tessica said...

you are righter than right!
just right!