Friday, May 21, 2010

The One With The Red Hair

I was kind of an odd teenager. I used to dye my hair funky colors, back before it was cool. And I had a crazy perm, that mixed with my already frizzy hair, was more of a nightmare then a fashion statement. And all the while, I thought I looked cool.


I still kinda do, but then again, when comparing the youthful and carefree me to the person of today, I miss her a bit.

This picture was taken in April or May of 2001 by Mike, who was then just my boyfriend. I don't really remember the circumstances behind the picture, but I know when it was taken by the red stripes in my hair.

Sometimes I think it would be pretty cool to dye a chunk of my hair a funky color nowadays, but I'm on the fence. Think I should go for it? Or is 26 and a mom of 2 + a colored chunk of hair an equation that equals disaster?

****************************************************************
Feel like reliving some old school memories of your own? Then head on over to the fabulous blog of Christopher and Tia for a Friday Flashback of your own! Seriously, do it.

Flashback Friday Button

14 comments:

Devon said...

we would've been good friends in highschool! LOL... although i was always too paranoid to dye my hair because it was really long... i should've though!! i wore dog collars and studded belts though... hehe

Alyssa S. said...

I totally did the different colored hair thing too :) I did pink and fuchsia and red. I tried purple once but in the 80's the dye isn't as good as it is now and it didn't show up in my hair. There are still times I wouldn't mind having pink hair again, just for fun :)

Chana@ Mamma Town said...

Look at the youth in your face!! And I do love the hair! Ah...perms..I remember them well. I totally think you should dye your hair....you are 26! Thats SO young! When Jon met me, I had pink and black hair and I was 26:) Your kids will think they have a cool mom!

tessica said...

i am a mom AND a teacher and want nothing more than a big stripe or chunk of some color!
i am thinking that this summer i might just have to do it!

Tia Colleen said...

I say go for it! I'm always so envious of moms with bright purple hair, or crazy blue on top of blond streaks. I think about how freeing it would be, to color all of my hair to match the rainbow. Well... for now, my bright red hair will have to be enough :) Go for it Amanda!

Stephanie said...

I always had really long hair and one in a while I'd get a streak that was hidden underneath dyed pink or blue.. then you could see it when my hair was up.

I say go for it!!

Kalina said...

You should totally do it! No matter what you are doing in your life, you will always be that free-spirit, kick-ass person I met in high school. Putting a little streak of color in your hair isn't going to hurt anyone! ;-)

Rad Runner said...

Is it not the most hilarious thing to go back and look at old pics, and our fashion sense?! It makes me laugh until it hurts... I think you should go for it! bright red, done by a pro though :)

Christina said...

I used to put some bright red in my hair back then too! :) hehe.

CourtneyKeb said...

Go for it mama!
I bet the kiddies would love it too!

Mommy Elephant Sarah said...

I say go for it too! I'm 33 with a kid, and I dye my hair bright colors still. It's just more fun! Last time I did pink was 2 years ago. You are still so young, yes you can get away with it. Heck Sharon Osbourne does it, so why can't we?!!

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

Do it! I say why not. 26 is not too old! :)

-chelsey

Anonymous said...

cabal Top 100 Private Server

GamingTop100.net said...

cabal private servers