Friday, May 21, 2010

The One With The Red Hair

I was kind of an odd teenager. I used to dye my hair funky colors, back before it was cool. And I had a crazy perm, that mixed with my already frizzy hair, was more of a nightmare then a fashion statement. And all the while, I thought I looked cool.


I still kinda do, but then again, when comparing the youthful and carefree me to the person of today, I miss her a bit.

This picture was taken in April or May of 2001 by Mike, who was then just my boyfriend. I don't really remember the circumstances behind the picture, but I know when it was taken by the red stripes in my hair.

Sometimes I think it would be pretty cool to dye a chunk of my hair a funky color nowadays, but I'm on the fence. Think I should go for it? Or is 26 and a mom of 2 + a colored chunk of hair an equation that equals disaster?

****************************************************************
Feel like reliving some old school memories of your own? Then head on over to the fabulous blog of Christopher and Tia for a Friday Flashback of your own! Seriously, do it.

Flashback Friday Button

15 comments:

Nen said...

we would've been good friends in highschool! LOL... although i was always too paranoid to dye my hair because it was really long... i should've though!! i wore dog collars and studded belts though... hehe

AlyGatr said...

I totally did the different colored hair thing too :) I did pink and fuchsia and red. I tried purple once but in the 80's the dye isn't as good as it is now and it didn't show up in my hair. There are still times I wouldn't mind having pink hair again, just for fun :)

Chana said...

Look at the youth in your face!! And I do love the hair! Ah...perms..I remember them well. I totally think you should dye your hair....you are 26! Thats SO young! When Jon met me, I had pink and black hair and I was 26:) Your kids will think they have a cool mom!

tessica said...

i am a mom AND a teacher and want nothing more than a big stripe or chunk of some color!
i am thinking that this summer i might just have to do it!

Christopher And Tia said...

I say go for it! I'm always so envious of moms with bright purple hair, or crazy blue on top of blond streaks. I think about how freeing it would be, to color all of my hair to match the rainbow. Well... for now, my bright red hair will have to be enough :) Go for it Amanda!

Stephanie said...

I always had really long hair and one in a while I'd get a streak that was hidden underneath dyed pink or blue.. then you could see it when my hair was up.

I say go for it!!

Kalina said...

You should totally do it! No matter what you are doing in your life, you will always be that free-spirit, kick-ass person I met in high school. Putting a little streak of color in your hair isn't going to hurt anyone! ;-)

Rad Runner said...

Is it not the most hilarious thing to go back and look at old pics, and our fashion sense?! It makes me laugh until it hurts... I think you should go for it! bright red, done by a pro though :)

Christina said...

I used to put some bright red in my hair back then too! :) hehe.

CourtneyKeb said...

Go for it mama!
I bet the kiddies would love it too!

Mommy Elephant Sarah said...

I say go for it too! I'm 33 with a kid, and I dye my hair bright colors still. It's just more fun! Last time I did pink was 2 years ago. You are still so young, yes you can get away with it. Heck Sharon Osbourne does it, so why can't we?!!

The Paper Mama said...

Do it! I say why not. 26 is not too old! :)

-chelsey

Games, Entertaiment, Hobby, said...

cabal Top 100 Private Server

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as an interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog Interviewer.

We'd like to give you the opportunity to give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can be submitted online here Submit your interview.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

multyzone top 200 said...

cabal private servers