Wednesday, May 5, 2010

On My Mind

Outside my window ... the sun is shining. The big tree in front of our living room window finally is full of leaves once again and today they are fluttering in the breeze. Tomorrow will be a bit chilly again, so for today I'm soaking up as much sunshine as I can while it lasts.

Tonight ... is yard work night. Mike will probably spend the better part of 3 hours on the tractor this evening mowing the yard and fields. Maintaining a 42 acre farm is a ton of work. The boys will happily play outside I'm sure, driving toy trains in the dirt or riding a scooter. I'm ready to sink my own hands into the dirt and plant something, but it's too soon here. Perhaps the week after next though. For now I plan to revel in that fresh cut grass scent that will be in the air tonight.

I am thankful for ... naps. Really and truly I am! I'm thankful for Gage's naps, my naps, just naps in general. Naps are pretty great.

I'm wearing ... grey yoga pants and a pink tank top. This is pretty much my standard around the house outfit.

I am cooking ... banana nut muffins Mmmm! I'm crapping out on dinner though and we're having the frozen tray of stuffed shells in the freezer from the last time I made them.

I'm working on ... sewing new living room curtains. I'm pretty great at sewing straight lines, unfortunately though I didn't measure the panels before I hemmed them and now there is a solid 5 inches of extra fabric bunched up on my floor. Back to the sewing machine for me!

I'm thinking about ... Spring, sunshine, and all the things that go along with it. Also these words:
"See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves is heard in our land.

- Song of Solomon 2:11-12

I'm listening to ... Gage's Thomas the Tank Engine DVD. Bah, I need to bust out my iPod and fast! Today calls for some Lady Gaga I do believe.

Coming up ... Vacation! In six weeks I will be sitting on the beach in Maryland with my toes buried in the sand while wild horses run past. I absolutely cannot wait. Knowing me though, I'll probably get a sun burn on the very first day and be totally miserable the entire time we're there. But still, I'll be on the beach. The ocean and I are involved.

I can't get ... this song out of my head:

2 comments:

April said...

I'll take a nap, one of those muffins and a vacation! Naps really are the greatest, aren't they!

Chana@ Mamma Town said...

I love this post! Your life seems so peaceful:) Makes me miss the farm!