Friday, November 13, 2009

A Rejuvenation of Sorts


Last night the house was quiet, which is a pretty huge rarity around here. Mike was out having a man date with his buddy, taking the Jeep off roading (and getting it stuck - but that's another vent for another time) and the boys were spending the evening with their grandma, which left me all alone.

I turned all of the TVs off and all of the lights off and just sat in the quiet for a little bit, and it was fabulous. I almost fell asleep, but made myself get up because an empty house isn't a luxury that I get to experience all too often and I was not about to sleep through it. So I did something that in the past few weeks has escaped me. I went in to my pretty much untouched craft room (that I still haven't finished decorating after living here for 3 months now) and made some new jewelry.

Its been too long, and I totally forgot how calming crafting is for me, unfortunately though for the past few months my heart just wasn't in it and I refused to go into that room with knowing that, especially because anything I made without giving 100% of myself to would have ended up crappy, thus defying my entire reasoning for making things in the first place.

But now, I think that I can clearly say that my disenchantment in 100% over, and I'm back to doing what I love and giving it my all. It feels good to be back!

Look for new Oh Mandie lovelies in the shop very very soon!

Much Love,
xoxo

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh be still my heart!

April said...

Oooooooo, purdy!!!

Alyssa S. said...

I love those quiet times. Your pieces are beautiful.