Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesdays Unwrapped

Happy Tuesday my bloggy friends!

It time for Tuesdays Unwrapped again! Something I discovered over at chatting at the sky.

The goal of this is to tell a story or post a photo documenting your messy, lovely, unexpected gifts of the small and ordinary nature and to unwrap your daily gift :) Beautiful right?


Yesterday we Mike and I's wedding anniversary. Seven amazing years we've been married, full of love, challenges, and trying times. We had a lot to celebrate.

I don't think that we have ever really celebrated our anniversary until now. Because it usually falls on or around Memorial Day weekend there's usually always something going on; a family get together, Brayden has a baseball game, or Mike has to work. There is always something. So for obvious reasons I wasn't expecting anything major this year. Which is ok, because I'm a pretty simple gal and so long as I was able to spend the evening with my husband I was happy.

When Mike told me that we were heading downtown for the evening to eat I was sure we were going to our favorite hole in the wall hot dog place. We live in a pretty podunk town, and the idea of a fancy restaurant here is a meal at the Red Lobster.

A very beloved friend of ours is one of the head chefs at one of the most extraordinary restaurants in town, Harrigan's Cafe and Wine Deck at the Holiday Inn. For an evening I felt like royalty.

We had a private table complete with special place settings and linens, a bottle of champagne complements of the chef waiting in a bucket of ice at the table for us. Mike and I were given menus and told to pick our main courses only and that the rest of the meal was already planned and taken care of. We even had white glove waiter service!

The Silverware on the table was a personal set of Mr. Frank Pasquerilla and was valued at $10,000.00 Seriously, can you imagine eating dinner with ten thousand dollar silverware?????? I about had a heart attack every time I brought a fork up to my mouth.

Our meal:
Appetizer: Smoked Salmon and Salsa stuffed Cucumber
Tapas: Spinach Croquet, Langostino Roll with Sweet and Sour Sauce, Garlic Steamed Shrimp
Salad: Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad with Endive and Pancetta Bruschetta
Palate Cleanser: Peach Sorbet
Main Course: Mike: Chicken Cordon Bleu with Rice and Grilled Asparagus
Amanda: Crab Cakes with Parsley Buttered Red Potatoes and Grilled Asparagus
Cheese Selection: Smoked Swiss with Salmon and some other super fancy cheese that I forget the name of, served with toasted garlic bread
Dessert: Mike: Chocolate Indulgence
Amanda: Homemade Cheesecake with Strawberries

After dinner I felt like I turned into a pumpkin again. The meal was easily the most elegant and delicious thing that I've ever eaten in my entire life, and outside of getting a salad at a restaurant, that was the only time I've ever eaten in courses. I didn't want to walk out those doors and greet real life again.

The evening ended with Gage coming down with a mild fever and ending up sleeping in Mike and I's bed, putting a massive halt to any and all anniversary romance that we had planned. But still, if only for a few hours I got to feel like a queen while I dined with my husband.

3 comments:

Denise Felton said...

Whoa! Very VERY cool anniversary! Major man-points scored for that one. And I know you married this man because he's your soul mate, but isn't it a nice bonus that he's so freakin handsome!

Hugs,
Denise

Unknown said...

Oh how FANTASTIC! Wow, I'm so jealous. That dinner sounds amazing and by golly lady, you deserve to be a queen! Congratulations! You two are SO CUTE!!

Crissie said...

What a beautiful dinner! Congratulations...

xoxooxox