Saturday, May 23, 2009

Potty Time

This is what happens when you try and potty train a 2 year old who is anything but interested in being potty trained.

I can recall with perfect ease the amazing feat that was potty training Brayden. It was pure misery, thus why I've started getting Gage acclimated to sitting on his potty chair earlier in an obviously stupid attempt to get his ready for whats to come.

I'm dreading it.

Gage isn't so much into the whole potty chart/sticker thing, or the reward system. He's your typical perceptive little boy, who is too taken with the fact that mom has ridiculously taken off his diaper and left him unclothed than to be bothered with this whole potty business. It is much more fun running around the house commando and peeing in the corner of the living room than it is in that little chair, afterall.

I'm gearing up for a few games of "Sink the Ships" aka pee on Cheerios and make bubbles aka put dish soap in the toilet. How did some of you moms potty train with ease, if there is such a thing as potty training with ease?

I'm beginning to think that there might have been something to that stupid "Potty Dance" commercial that was on tv.

2 comments:

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

LMBO! I am really not looking forward to potty training my daughter.

Unknown said...

Yuck, you are brave. I'm on the other side of the spectrum... I've got the two year old who WANTS to be potty trained despite having a mother that would give her left arm to avoid it.

Annelie is really good about 89% of the time. Sometimes she wees in her pull up, but the other 5% of the not-so-great time, she is getting VERY creative about what she is using as a potty. The other day, I caught her having a tea party with her dolls... complete with a cup of pee on the table in front of them. SO FREAKIN' gross. And unfortunately, that isn't even close to being my worst, most disgusting story. Ugh. Kids are sick.