Monday, May 18, 2009

A Case of the Mondays

I think that maybe Mother Nature woke up on the wrong side of the sun today, because its cold out in Pennsylvania! The sun is shining bright, but somehow, even though it is officially the middle of May, its only a whopping 46 degrees out today. All of my poor little plants had to have a sleep over inside, lining my kitchen, just to beat the frost last night.

I've been working on a really big custom order the past few days, and as a result my poor little etsy shop has been left by the wayside. I need to update it with some new goodies, and I really need to make my mind up on the photo style that best suits my jewelry, but I just can't seem to find enough hours in a day.

As much as I'd love for my shop to be an overnight success with a horde of sales a day I know that that will never happen. I don't have the time it takes to devote to such a lofty goal. And with the economy the way it is, I don't currently have the finances either. I've been tossing the idea of getting a part time job around in my head for a little while now. It would help us out a lot, thats for sure, and maybe, just maybe I'd be able to put some money into my savings account, which now only houses a few random pennies and a cobweb or two. (And more money means more etsy spending! shhhhh ... Don't tell my husband!)

What that will mean for my already time deprived etsy shop, I'm not sure. But I'll make it work, just on a smaller scale.

Anyways, there is a two year old in the other room waiting for someone to watch WonderPets with and a hungry 6 year old getting ready to get off of the bus in 30 minutes who I'm sure will be ready for lunch.

Hope your Monday is a fabulous one!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Monday, to you, my dear! I've been thinking about getting a part time job lately, too. Booo... I don't want to do it. I hate the idea of putting the kids in daycare, which is funny because I was a day care supervisor for 6 years before getting married and having kids. But wow, would some extra cash be nice!

I can't wait to see what you have in store for us with new ohmandie stuff!

Chrisy said...

Take care...and enjoy your little one...they grow up soooo quickly!