Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Long Time Coming

When I was 15 I kinda sorta tricked my parents into getting me a tattoo for my 17th birthday. Long story short, my dad said that I could get one when I was 17 (he messed up and meant to say 18 - oh the joy of daughters who beg you for ridiculous things when your busy and not really totally paying 100% attention) I asked him if he swore it, and he said yes.

Oh silly daddy... a teenage girl never forgets! So obviously the closer I got to 17 the more and more I reminded my parents to their bargain and on Sept 16th - my birthday I went and got a crescent moon with a shooting star wrapped around it tattooed on my right shoulder blade. Right then and there I was addicted and I knew it.

Somehow, as is the case with most things I grew to find out, life happened. I always planned to get another 10 or 50 tattoos. I love them! But then I moved out of my parents house and found that I really didn't have the extra cash for things like that when I was just starting out. Then the week before I was supposed to go get one I found out that I was pregnant with Brayden. Then, finally, again I had planned to go, had the design all picked out and everything. And, again, right before I was due to go I found out that I was pregnant with Gage.

But finally, FINALLY after 8 and 1/2 years since my first one, I went and got a tattoo. ♥

Its based off of a Moroccan henna design that symbolizes the strength of love in a marriage (sweet ain't I?)

And as for the placement on my wrist, well you can all thank Marisa of Elegant Snobbery the one who talked me into getting there. I certainly couldn't let a first grade teacher be more hardcore than me, a jewelry making, journal selling, momma of two :)

Its love ♥

5 comments:

Angela said...

So pretty and red is my favorite color!

esque said...

Oh, I love it! It's so delicate!

Denise Felton said...

Beautiful. And I love the sentiment.

I knew we were sisters. I have a crescent moon and star on my...you know...tushie. I call it my tribute to Cat Stevens.

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, it's gorgeous! I love it!!
:D

Unknown said...

Glad I convinced you to go with your gut and get it where you wanted it most. Its GORGEOUS!!

And I'm smiling because you made it sound like I was the 1st grade teacher... rather than just sitting next to one while I was getting my own tattoo. :)

Now tell me, how much did it hurt??