Sunday, January 4, 2009

Beginnings ♥

Its a new year! Hooray! And with the new year, after my much needed mini-hiatus I'm hoping comes a bit of new energy! I've been busy spending the last few days working on making new journals to list and some new jewelry designs as well. So be on the lookout for a shop update soon!

2008 was kind of a landmark year for me in a lot of ways, not all of it pleasant, but certainly not all unpleasant either. The economy sucked (and still sucks) and of course as a result that hit home in my shop. But in mid-August when I took a giant flying leap off of a cliff and combined my two etsy shops into one I never in a million years would have imagined that in only 4 and 1/2 months I would have 96 sales - particularly seeing as I had to entirely rebuild my customer base from scratch all over again. Sometimes you just have to take a risk and jump in order to fly. ♥

So where does that leave all of my goals, plans, and focuses for 2009? I want my shop to thrive, that much is true for any seller. More importantly, however, I want to continue to love what I do. I am going to be incorporating more vintage findings and components into my jewelry designs and I'm going to soften my color palette and patterns on my journals a bit as well. It is my resolution to stay true to myself and stop creating what I think will sell. I think that if I'm happy and satisfied in what I do then that will reflect in my work, ultimately resulting in success.

So here's to a new year! beginnings

3 comments:

esque said...

I'm glad you had a great 2008 and I am sure you'll have an even greater 2009 :)

Raven said...

I've been on a bit of a hiatus myself...sometimes we just need it. :)

I'm happy to hear you've been doing so well. Here's to a peaceful, fun and prosperous 2009!

xxx
Raven

idyll hands said...

I can't wait to see your new stuff! Happy New Year.