Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Reflection and a New Direction


Its been awhile since I've posted last - sorry about that! The past few days have been such a whirlwind between the holidays, Braydens birthday, the boys' birthday party, Gages birthday coming up, Mike being gone a lot working 2 jobs, and now Brayden has started wrestling... and all of this on the heels of Christmas (which also happens to be Mikes birthday). There's just not enough hours in the day, and when, if by chance, I do get a break I've been consuming my spare time wrapped in a books, away from the computer for awhile. Maybe I was soul searching a bit.

I have mood swings when it comes to my interests and the things that I'm passionate about. And in the midst of all of hoopla that the past few weeks have brought I've take my fragments of down time to reevaluate myself, something I do frequently. I've decided to take a bit of a break. Things with etsy aren't going in a direction that I really favor. There's really no need to elaborate further than that except to say that I'm tired of constantly having to renew to be seen and to even have a hope for sales and my fees there are starting to pile up. In that same aspect I'm not sure that Artfire or 1000 Markets in the right place for me either. I'm toying around with just getting my own domain, but I'm not sure that I'm ready for that either. So what to do?

I'm going to use this month to just stop, sit back, and figure out what it is that I want to do. I will still be on etsy, still listing new things, as I make them (but as I'm taking some time out for myself, as well as for my family and the holidays, I'm sure my pace on that will slow). I'm still going to blog, because not even wild horses could pull me away from this! And I'll still be around, just maybe a bit less. I want to focus on the holidays, my family, and take a deep breath and figure out exactly what it is that I really want.

But for now, I'm going to go crawl under the blanket and pick up my book and dive back into a different world for a little bit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You sound just like me. :) I like the idea of hiding under a blanket with a book and a batch of home made cookies (I threw that cookie one in because that is actually what I'm doing today - hiding out with a book and some cookies)

PS, where did your Project Playlist go? I went to get a song that I liked, but don't know what it is called or who sings it, and its gone. boo hoo hoo

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, you are so blessed to have the option of stepping back. Honestly. And I'm so happy for you too, because I wish I could do the same.

I always love reading your blog because you and I are so like-minded it cracks me up. I am constantly changing my mind about what I want my focus to be, new ideas I have, and poof, i'm already onto something else before I ever got started on the last thought.

I wish you much love and many blessings this holiday season... And I hope you find your calling... But when you do, please call me and share the love. Hehee.

Janell