Monday, September 8, 2008

And Time Flies

Its been a whirlwind of a weekend, including an evening at the county fair, a day of hardcore fabric shopping, and finished off with an night of post nasal drip and a sore throat. But given the chance I'd do it all over again.

Weekends go by too fast nowadays. Having a husband who works a bazillion hours a week and two non-stop, always on the go kids makes it hard to relish in minutes of downtime I get every Saturday and Sunday when Mike is off... because lets face it, there never really is any "down time" I'm just horrified when I look back and think to myself - where has the time gone?

Anyways, the boys' birthdays are coming up in the next few months... yup, I'm already thinking about that! Brayden will be 6 in November and Gage will be 2 in December, 13 days later. Yes, their birthdays are close.

So with all of the Christmas hustle and bustle the comes with the season last year I begain thinking of little birthday things for the boys early and gathering and putting away little things over the months that I know will make their big days special. Of course the first place I've been looking is etsy! Check out all of the awesome pictures on this post of some of the most amazing party goods and of course head on down to the bottom of this post for links to these amazing shops!

**************

In other, equally as awesome news, I returned from my action packed weekend for find out that a few of my wonderfully sweet etsy/blogger friend have nominated me for some blog awards! Seriously, how cool is that - someone acctually enjoys reading my crazy rambling!

BIG thank yous to Elizabeth Jayne and Simply Sentimental the Blog and also Inki Handmade for these amazing awards --->
You like me! You really really like me!

***************

For all of the amazing party finds features on today's blog please follow the links:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Reusable Fabric Banner by The Polka Dot Tot Spot
COWBOY Cupcake Toppers by Mary Had a Little Party
Green Candy Stripe Cupcake Liners by Layer Cake Shop
Elephant Party Package by Piggy Tales Stationary

6 comments:

Tia Colleen said...

Eeeew, nasal drip. I get that really bad when I eat something I'm allergic to. I feel for ya.

Yay birthdays!! What do you have planned??

esque said...

What a fun weekend! I love going to the fairs!

Oh, and your garden looks great! I've got a black thumb, so I am always impressed when people can grow stuff!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, I need to read your blog more often!!

Where DOES the time go anymore?

Heheee... glad you're enjoying the ride love!
:D

Anne said...

The nasal drip doesn't sound like too much fun, but the hardcore fabric shopping? Totally up my alley. Love the birthday party Etsy finds, especially the fabric banner!

idyll hands said...

I love planning birthdays for kiddos - what fun to get to do 2 so close together. My birthday is at the end of November (I was born on Thanksgiving and in fact, I'll have a Turkey Day B-day again this year). I've always loved having a b-day that time of year, it's cool outside, my favorite foods are from that time of year, and family is usually around, so life is good for birthdays near the holidays.

Unknown said...

Ugh, I hear you on the nasal drip!! I get rotten tonsillitis from it fairly often. I'm on a medicated nasal spray (doc prescribed!!) but I'd love to get a neti pot to help irrigate. Have you tried that before?

As for birthdays, its never too early to gear up for them!! Especially when it comes to kids. I already have our holiday season planned, including gifts and activities... and that is ages away!! Plus, the planning is the best part, isn't it?